Spring Chicken Paella
Enjoy this twist on a traditional comfort-food. This version of paella is easy peasy and will become a family favourite.
20 ml extra virgin olive oil.
1 medium brown onion, finely sliced.
300 g free-range chicken thigh, diced into 2cm chunks.
2 medium garlic cloves, minced.
1 teaspoon cumin, ground.
1 teaspoon smoked paprika.
1 teaspoon turmeric, ground.
400 g diced tomatoes, tinned.
1 bunch asparagus, diced into 3cm pieces.
1 cup cooked basmati rice, defrosted.
1/4 cup frozen peas.
2 cups baby spinach leaves.
30 g Parmesan, flaked.
1/4 cup parsley, finely sliced.
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in the onion and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until softened.
2. Add the chicken pieces into the frying pan with the onion and cook for 3-4 minutes, tossing regularly until browned all over (the chicken will finish cooking later). Add in the garlic, cumin, smoked paprika and turmeric and stir through for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
3. Add in the diced tomatoes, asparagus, and Cooked Basmati Rice. Bring to a rolling simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until the asparagus is tender and the liquid has reduced slightly.
4. Stir through the frozen peas, baby spinach leaves and a generous seasoning of salt and pepper for 1 minute or until spinach has wilted and the chicken has cooked through.
5. Divide the Spring Chicken Paella between a bowl for dinner and a container for lunch tomorrow. Serve both sprinkled with Parmesan and parsley.
Dairy-free option: Replace the Parmesan with 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast flakes
Are you struggling staying motivated due to outside noise about the pressure of justifying your journey in improving your health and fitness?
Well in this video I am going to be talking about staying in your lane when it comes time to address your health and fitness. I am going to be touching on how to keep motivated and focused on your goals when there are others around you who don’t share the same goals.....
0409 928 175
Following me on.....
Facebook Fan page: https://www.Facebook.com/aspireboxing
Instagram Page: https://www.instagram.com/aspire_boxing_hf
Recipe Source: I Quit Sugar - Sarah Wilson