This Greek-style omelette can be made with any leftover vegetables you have in the fridge
· 4 tablespoon olive oil (good fats)
· 1 medium potato peeled and cut into small cubes
· 1 medium avocado
· 1 medium red onion, chopped
· 1 medium red capsicum, finely chopped
· 10 olives, pitted and sliced
· 4 eggs, lightly beaten
· 30g feta cheese, crumbed
· 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, plus extra for garnish
· Freshly milted sea salt, to taste
· Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
· Heat half the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and lightly fry the potato pieces, until golden brown and beginning to soften. Remove from pan and drain on kitchen paper.
· Add remaining olive oil to frying pan over medium heat and sauté onion until translucent. Add capsicum, olive and sweet potato then stir-fry lightly for a minute or 2.
· Add egg, avocado, sprinkle over feta and parsley, season will salt and pepper, and cook until the egg sets. Place under grill for 2-3 minutes to set the egg on top, take care not to burn.
Total Fat: 30.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.1g
Source: The Mediterranean Diet Cookbook - Dr Catherine Itsiopoulos (PhD APD)